Sunday 29 May 2011

Oi! Fergusson! No!

You can't dominate the game!

Do I feel sorry for Man U? 

Do I really feel (deep down) that I should have got behind a British team last night and urged them on to UEFA victory? 

No!

Great night of football.  Wish some of my teams could play like that.  Great night to see the dreaded Manchester United get well and truly thrashed by the best team in the world.  Sorry Man U fans.  Know it's a hell of a drop to fall from your high horse, but you're definitely NOT the best team in the world.

Had a debate going on with friends at work last week as to why, on footballing occasions like this, we should or shouldn't get behind a British team.  I pointed out that this was Club, not Country, and I'm not going to put on a half-arsed Northern accent and toss around like Ian Brown for the evening just for the sake of 'the British game'.  Half of my in-laws are Spanish; but even if they weren't, I would still have got behind Barcelona.  Would have still got behind anybody in fact just to see Sir Alex choke on his own Wriggly's.

I have felt for a long time now that Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Arse-nal should just piss off out of the Prem and go around playing each other and continue with their main aim in life - trying to get one over on each other.  I'm pretty sure that would inject some well needed competition back into the game.

Have to say I love a good Man U embarrassment.  Not quite in the same league as 'The Night Man U lost 4-0 to West Ham' but there's still a satisfied smile on the face of football this morning. 

I truly believe that contrary to Old Trafford myth, there are more people in this world that hate Manchester United than love 'em.